January 13, 2007

Training Session 1 - Visual Workplace

A business in which most of the important information we need to do our jobs is easily available through visual systems

Common Problems that can be remedied with a visual workplace

  • I’m not sure what I should be working on
  • If a problem arises somewhere else, I’m not sure how it impacts what I should be doing
  • I can’t easily find the tools/materials I need to do my job
  • We can’t respond quickly to change
  • Getting help on problems takes a long time

How Is A Visual Workplace Different?

  • Makes it easy to distinguish normal from abnormal conditions
  • Ties things together logically and visually
  • A place for everything and everything in its place
  • Simple clear communication and better organization leads to better responsiveness
  • Problems are visible; so is a failure to solve them

No comments: